Our first Fiesta de la Salud took place on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 from 6:00pm-8:30pm in the Bobby Duke Middle School Cafeteria. One hundred twenty-four (124) participants signed-in. There may have been more people in attendance since, some families in attendance only had one person sign in. The purpose of the workshop was to:
- Provide information and education on health programs and assets in the community;
- Ensure that community members understand the General Plan Update process;
- Gain an understanding of the purpose and benefits of a Community Health and Wellness Element; and
- Clarify key health issues and opportunities in Coachella.
The second Fiesta de la Salud took place on Thursday, February 9, 2012 from 6:00pm-8:30pm in the Bobby Duke Middle School Cafeteria. Ninety-four (94) participants signed-in. There may have been more people in attendance since some families in attendance only had one person sign-in for the entire family. The purpose of the workshop was to:
- Provide an update on the General Plan Update and Health Element process
-Present the community’s existing health conditions
- Gain participant feedback on potential policy directions/solutions to health problems in Coachella
The meeting portion of the meeting began with opening remarks from Coachella Development Services Director Linda Guillis.
Coachella Unincorporated Input on Fiesta de la Salud
Check out their Video
The Fiesta de la Salud #3 took place on Thursday, September 20, 2012 from 6:00pm-8:30pm in the Bobby Duke Middle School Cafeteria. The purpose of the workshop was to provide an update to the community on the content in the Health Element and obtain feedback on the Draft General Plan. The workshop include interactive stations to prioritize health, economic, land use, transportation, and climate change goals for the City of Coachella.